So, RC3 had some bugs, and some of them took a bit longer to quash then expected.
First, there is a LOT of clean up of the web GUI. Mostly explanations and corrections of notes. Seems that quite a bit of notes from years ago were never updated.
Also, code signing is now in place. It used to be a 1024 bit RSA key, and now it is 2048, and the code can support up to 4096. However, checking the key signing of a 4096 bit code on some of the embedded hardware is a tad slow. But 2048 is supposed to last until 2030, so I think we are good for a while.
I made a few minor changes to build scripts so that I will not have any more images that have 600 permissions. And it makes building a lot faster then before.
And I added virtio drivers for KVM images. Just install on KVM with virtio hardware and it should work out of the box. (Testing wanted!) I wanted to add vnxnet3 drivers, but I still need to work out some licensing issues with VMware. I may be limited here.
Now testing the code signing is a bit of a challenge. You have to be running 1.8.2b5 or better to even try. But once you are, you can download the 1.8.2b5-*-signed.img images, and try them. It will upload and not warn about unsigned code.